Now step inside my home and the weeding continues! I'm weeding out things that we just don't use or need anymore. Like weeding the garden, I need to do this often or else I start to lose the battle. With two growing kids, we OUTGROW stuff quickly. There are constantly new things coming into the house and the old just simply has to go or else there is NO ROOM TO GROW!
- I put the dishes from breakfast in the sink or on the counter instead of taking 5 more seconds to put it in the dishwasher ....then the rest of the dishes end up piling up all day!
- I take my shoes off and put them inside my bedroom door instead of taking three more steps (and maybe 15 seconds) and putting them inside the closet where they belong.
- I walk into a clean bathroom to get ready in the morning and then rush off to the next thing ... leaving the hair dryer, brush, toothpaste etc on the counter ... it would have taken me 10 seconds to put it all away ....
- I pull out a pen to write a note and don't put it back in the drawer when I'm done (a one second fix!) ...
- I take out the thermometer to check a temperature and leave it on the counter (for days) when it would have taken me 30 seconds to return it to the bathroom cabinet ....
In the end, what it really comes down to for me is that I'm not being present while I go through my day. I'm not even aware of the turmoil I'm leaving in my path until it's a disaster and I have to find an hour or two to get control of it again. Add in the things left unfinished by my husband and the 12 toys and games my kids have started and not finished in the last two hours and I AM IN THE WEEDS! It's nearly impossible to catch up again. I (yes, it's usually me) spend hours trying to clean up the damage done in the same places over and over, while the rest of the house and other things that I'd like to make a priority fall victim to neglect! It's nearly impossible to ever get ahead of the game when we are living like this.
What habits would you like to weed out this summer? Please share in the comments below.
If you need a fresh perspective on your space or situation call me to arrange a consultation. The benefit of a second set of eyes is immeasurable. Several options available -- Call me to and we'll figure out which one is best for you! Available for homes and businesses ... in person or by phone. Click HERE for details.
Do you need a speaker who can inspire your group or audience with a unique topic? I LOVE talking about Feng Shui and would be pleased to create a presentation for your friends, membership group or professional chapter. Attendees will interact, have fun and leave with plenty of valuable information that they can implement immediately in their homes and businesses! Call me at 508-440-9357 or send me an email if you would like to know more.
SHARING IS APPRECIATED!
Did you like what you read here today? Did you find it helpful? Please feel free to share this blog with your friends and on social media. The more readers the merrier!