I think a basic knowledge of feng shui is so important so that you can be aware of issues like these and put some things in place to correct it. Not paying attention to this problem can lead to many issues including feeling physically and mentally drained, or feeling like money (chi!) is rushing out faster than it's coming in. We definitely don't want either of those happening in our new house!
I don't let feng shui flaws scare me off because there are plenty of positives about this house too. I know there are several things we can do to alleviate the problem and I'll be putting them in place very soon. If you have this similar issue where the back door is visible from the front door, there are several things you can do to fix it. Here's what I have planned so far:
1) Distraction is the key -- we want to distract the chi by placing interesting stuff in and around it's path to call it in other directions so it doesn't rush right out the back door. The ideal fix is to put a round table with a vase of beautiful flowers on it between the two doors. We don't have enough room for that here, so I'll probably add a table to one side of the front door with some pretty stuff on it. (Right now there are unpacked boxes there - also a distraction! Ha!)
2) I'm in search of a runner with a busy pattern on it for the floor - rugs with swirly patterns are good for slowing down the chi (as opposed to striped patterns that might speed it along)
3) I'll hang a faceted crystal from the ceiling and probably one on the slider too -- these help to lift and circulate the chi in all directions.
4) Some type of window coverings are definitely planned - and/or I'll let the kids go to town on the glass with with their window markers. Every little bit helps;-)
5) Once we get unpacked, we'll place other decor items through the rooms that will help call the chi away from the door - these types of pleasing items - photos, candles, and plants - all call the chi to them as well and will help create the distraction we need.
Do you have this issue in your house? Give some of these corrections a try! Are you curious about whether your house presents other unseen challenges like this? Schedule a consultation to get a full assessment and learn specific cures to put in place for your situation.
New Online Program Starts July 10th:
BACK TO BASICS - MIND, BODY, SPIRIT, HOME
A four week online group program that encourages s-l-o-w-i-n-g down and reconnecting with what's important in life. You'll receive daily prompts, tips and tools from me and several special contributors that will guide you to live deliberately and purposefully in each area - Mind, Body, Spirit and Home. The program starts July 10th. It's designed so you can participate from anywhere - even better if you're chilling on vacation for part of it! Space is limited! Register today to secure your spot. Find more details HERE.
Two Scheduling Notes:
2.) If you're in Cape Cod and are interested in working with me, I have two openings in that area during the summer. Call me at 508-440-9357 to find out more.